I was tagged by one of my favorite Bloggers, Retired Waif, to tell 8 random thing about me. Here you go:
1. I love trees.
2. I have logged over 100 hours as a private pilot – some of those hours learning to fly a Citabria (small, tail dragger acrobatic plane) somewhat like this one thanks to my now long lost friend George. I flew to NY once and my route led down the Hudson River and I did turns around a point using the statue of liberty as my point. All before 9/11. This was one of the best times of my life. I LOVE flying. I got to fly a glider once and that was amazing.
3. I have been proposed to 5 times and engaged 3 times. Three times a charm!
4. Every time I fly to England I weep because it feels like I am coming home. I don’t live there so it’s actually really embarrassing so much so that sometimes I pretend I am weeping because of the book I am reading. Humiliating really.
5. "Ryn" as in Ryn Tales comes from the last three letters of my first name, KathryRYN. And no one calls me that in life. (I hear a couple of Ohs! out there... ;-)
6. Within a month on either side of my 28th birthday I sold or gave away the bulk of my possessions, sold most of my paintings, parachuted from 5,000 feet on my birthday – July 24th - and drove from western Massachusetts on the East Coast of the US to California (on the west coast) landing there one month later with $250 dollars in my pocket to start my new life.
7. The biggest, best, soul expanding transformation I have lived through has been the birth of my daughter.