1. I shouldn't be blogging right now as I have one hour left and way, way too much to do.
2. I am off the caffeine free wagon....sigh. Ah well, it's not like I didn't like the stuff. But I have had several days where I have had to be up and alert and articulate and in front of executives teaching them things, speaking to topics that are difficult, pacing and modeling simulations. It all takes so much physical and mental energy. So I drank coffee during those days when I would feel my energy dip. Now in trying to not drink coffee on the days I don't have to be in front of audiences I get a splitting headache that nothing but a small cup o'joe will abate... See what I mean? My body does not do well with it. But there it is. Coffee Nation I am back, at least for now.
3. And yes #2 means that Ellie hasn't been sleeping great as I think she is having some muscle pain from the Botox. Whomever says that getting Botox injections into one's muscles, even with the Versed to help you forget the initial injections, is not painful is out of their mind.
4. Wondering if it's too much to hope for an Obama/Clinton ticket? Further wondering if that would be a sure shot to trump McCaine who will put women's reproductive rights backwards by another 100 years.
5. I owe Kay a gift - but am still agonizing over it - and entirely lame for not having sent it yet.
6. Am happy it is raining here and has been for the last several days. I love the rain, sometimes more than the sun. I don't like the dampness or mildew that can become lodged in stuck places from rain. But I love the grayness of the sky that makes all the other colors of the world stand out more clearly and more distinctly than the harsh contrasts that sun creates. The leaves are never so green nor their trunks so dark. The contrasts within clouds pouring down onto the earth are more luminous. The shadows are soft and the air is awash with fresh oxygen. Let it rain.
7. Happy day, yesterday, Ellie said, with her voice, "uh ah" meaning no I don't want to come off Mama's lap and go to bed!, as well as pronouncing clearly several times the consonants K and D in different but appropriate word contexts. K and D!
8. Ellie has been crawling in her creepster crawler, not well, but not just hanging there either. Yesterday she requested to go in it.
End thought siphon, except to say, have a nice weekend.