Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

You say NaBloPoMo, I say NaBloBigMo…hahahah!

Here at Ryn Tales National Blogaholic Binge Month (NaBloBigMo), originally coined by Mrs. Kennedy at Fussy as National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo), is finally here! Just what you have all been waiting for! I can feel the Blogosphere rumbling and screeching into high gear as bloggers of all kinds go into a headfirst spin down the slippery slope of madness that so characterizes NaBloBigMo. Needless to say it should all be very satisfying.

Just to be clear, I am NOT participating in NaBloBigMo. No, no way! I committed to NaNoWriMo first which you can check out here
http://www.nanowrimo.org. If I were to do both I am sure I would slip into the parallel universe forever where I am actually a graying, skinny ass spinster with spiders clinging to my hair as it sweeps the floor as I haunt my ramshackle house with only the company of 300 cats. I shudder at the thought. So, no, No, NO, I just can’t go there.

However, for those of you who are participating in NaBloBigMo because you heard about it here and thought it would be a cool thing to do, I have some suggestions about what you can write about – everydamndayofthemonth! Remember these are just suggestions, you can NaBloBigMo however you like. They are as follows:

November 1 - Document all the batshit insane (BSI) things you did on Halloween. Dave and I looked like this (will load picture as soon as blogger is done fixing their photo upload app - which the picture of us actually broke). Ellie pretty much would not look at me deciding she would prefer it if I go exist in the parallel universe with the cats. If you are of a religious bent, it’s also All Saints Day – so go ahead and pick your favorite saint to expound about in your first entry of NaBloBigMo.

November 2 - List your three favorite blogs and why you like them. That would look something like this: #1. Ryn Tales: It’s informative and funny, 2. Ryn Tales: ditto #1, and 3. Ryn Tales: ditto #1 and #2. Anyway, you get the idea.

November 3 – Share the 10 things you like to do when you are procrastinating. Like for example, I am blogging right now when I should be figuring out what the hell I am going to write my novel about.

November 4 – Your life in pictures – go crazy

November 5 – It’s the full moon tonight so do a free writing like the one I did
here just so everyone can be really clear about just how BSI you are. AAAAOOOOOOO!

November 6 – Share who you plan to vote for in the election or at least what you will be wearing when you VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 7 – It’s Election Day so GO VOTE and then blog about your voting experience. Did you get any cool stickers with little check marks on them that say “I voted!”? Did you exchange fisticuffs with a voter from another party? Oh wait that was me last time around. I had finished voting against Bush when I bumped into this woman with a big “W” all done up in diamante’s of stars and strips pinned to her cracker barrell chest. I said excuse me, and she said in a Texan drawl, “Vote faw Dubya!” To which I informed her that we had cancelled each other’s vote out entirely. Things went pear shaped from there…

November 8 – Write about how you will bask in the glory of a new democratically controlled congress and renewed hope for the survival of the species and the planet. Or, drown your sorrows in a pint of tequila and help others by blogging about ways you can avoid thinking about the next years of continued republican tyranny.

November 9 – Conquer your post election hangover by listing
three beautiful things that gave you pleasure today. In fact, you could just forget this freakishly geeky list and do this every day of the month. If you are lucky, Clare might even link you to her blog honour roll.

November 10 – Do a blog entry you were intending to do anyway. Catch back up with your own life and take a break from reading my blog!

November 11 – It’s Veterans’ Day and I would really love to hear other people’s opinions about why it is, indeed, possible to have empathy and support for our soldiers but still be against the war. You know, the two can really be separate.

November 12 – If you have gotten this far your creative juices are probably up to speed so you can figure out what you want to write about without my #$%^&** help!

Happy NaBloBigMo!!!

No comments: