Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ellie's Staycation





Ellie is home this week for April Vacation. Our friend Kristin coined "Stay-cation" . I love it as it perfectly describes Ellie's ideal vacation: staying home. She has been enjoying the extra time with Mama and getting to see some friends she hasn't seen in awhile. On Tuesday she signed I love you to me giving me a long look to make sure I got the message and then a hug and didn't ask for a toy. That was all. A simple but meaningful I love you. Of course that made my day/week/life. You know. She is so cute and when she does stuff like that it's heart-rendering! Suffice to say, I think she is enjoying being home.

She has also gone to having a very bad cough to now a bad cold. Not unlike many adults I know who wait to get sick on the weekends or vacation. It's truly a stay-cation. Here are some pictures of my indomitable sweetie, all taken with the iPhone by Ellie with just a little of Mama's help.

5 comments:

Candace said...

What a sweetie, she is! What a wonderful sign to see. I sure hope she gets better quickly!

julie said...

Sounds like it was a great va/stay-cation. There is no greater gift than a heart-felt "I Love You". Love all the pics too!

Kristin said...

I would love to take credit for "stay-cation" but, unfortunately, it is from a commercial in these economic times! Illness be damned, I'm glad you enjoyed at least part of it!

Kathryn said...

Kristin - well you could have made that up! ;-)

We had a great time despite the ear infection. It's nice to have her home. After a few days I remember what it was like when she was always home and get back in our grove and want to do tons of things with her and then back to school...

Lisa said...

Wow, I've missed Ellie's beautiful face! She has grown so much and is so mature.

I look forward to catching up with y'all again!